Prompt: Review Case Study 2.2 related to The Alamo Drafthouse (Bordoloi, pp. 56-59). The Alamo Drafthouse is a different kind of business, whether you call it a bar, a restaurant, or a movie theater. Is it a movie theater that serves burgers or a bar that shows movies? The Alamo combines multiple services and compromises on several fronts to make the combination work. Alamo customers eat and drink while watching
movies. Tim, who owns and operates the business with his wife Carrie, candidly admits that the service is bad at his establishment: “Our service is pretty bad, but intentionally so. It’s a compromise because we want our service to be as minimal as possible. It’s different from a restaurant, where you want the waiter to ask you if you need anything. We depend on customers to tell us.” Review the Case Study and answer the following questions in Case Study format (https://essaypro.com/blog/casestudy);
1. Marketing analysts use market position maps to display visually the customers’ perceptions of a firm in relation to its competitors regarding two attributes. Prepare a market position map for Alamo Drafthouse using “food quality” and “movie selection” as axes.
2. Use the “Strategic Service Vision” framework to describe Alamo Drafthouse in terms of target market segments, service concept, operating strategy, and service delivery system.
3. Identify the service qualifiers, winners, and service losers for Alamo Drafthouse. Are the Alamo purchase decision criteria appropriate for the
multiplex movie theater market? What do you conclude?
4. Use Porter’s Five Forces Model to assess the strategic position of Alamo Drafthouse in the “entertainment industry.”
5. Conduct a SWOT analysis to identify internal strengths and weaknesses as well as threats and opportunities in the external environment.
o Requirements: In this assignment, you will create 2-4 pages of content (required Cover Page, Executive Summary, and APA References Section not included in this page count), which includes your response to the Case Study.