Read: chapter 12 Leading People and Organizations
textbook in attached file.
• Think of a leader you admire. What traits does this person have? Are they consistent with the traits discussed in this chapter? If not, why is this person effective despite the presence of different traits?
Assume that you have just been promoted to a new position where you have leadership responsibility. You have never had formal leadership responsibilities before, and you wish to maximize the possibility that you will be successful with this new responsibility. Reflect upon the major leadership theories and models that we have learned about in this unit. Develop a Pro and Con list involving at least three of these theories/models. Reflect on each theory and discuss how the theory fits with your own personal style. For example – with a contingency style of leadership, perhaps this would not fit with someone’s style if that person believes that all subordinates should be treated identically.
Prepare a two page (double-spaced) informative essay. Use and cite at least one source which may be material in our textbook or additional sources from the internet, the LIRN, or other sources to which you have access that is the source of you information on theories of leadership.
Cite references to material that you use in preparing the essay using American Psychological Association (APA) format.
Your learning journal entry must be a reflective statement that considers the following questions:
1. Describe what you did. This does not mean that you copy and paste from what you have posted or the assignments you have prepared. You need to describe what you did and how you did it.
2. Describe your reactions to what you did
3. Describe any feedback you received or any specific interactions you had. Discuss how they were helpful
4. Describe your feelings and attitudes
5. Describe what you learned
Another set of questions to consider in your learning journal statement include:
1. What surprised me or caused me to wonder?
2. What happened that felt particularly challenging? Why was it challenging to me?
3. What skills and knowledge do I recognize that I am gaining?
4. What am I realizing about myself as a learner?
5. In what ways am I able to apply the ideas and concepts gained to my own experience?
Finally, describe one important thing that you are thinking about in relation to the activity.
Your Learning Journal should be a minimum of 500 words.