read: Chapter 7 Managing Stress and Emotions
Chapter 8 Communication
Majnemer, A. (2010). Balancing the boat: Enabling an ocean of possibilities. The Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy, 77(4), 198-208. Retrieved November 30, 2010, from ProQuest Psychology Journals. (Document ID: 2180718191).
Marcel Lourel, Michael T. Ford, Claire Edey Gamassou, Nicolas Guיguen, & Anne Hartmann. (2009).Negative and positive spillover between work and home: Relationship to perceived stress and job satisfaction. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 24(5), 438-449. Retrieved November 30, 2010, from ProQuest Psychology Journals. (Document ID: 1876180721).
Stress is a constant aspect of the modern work environment. There are various methods for dealing with stressful situations but consider this question: who is responsible for dealing with employee stress, is it the employee or the organization? In your initial discussion post, answer the question of responsibility and provide an argument that supports your answer. In addition, describe two methods for an individual to deal with their own stress and two ways an organization to lower the stress of their employees.
Minimum of 250 words.
Texting, Blogs, Email, Twitter, Facebook and other Social Networking, Video Conferencing, and TelePresence are all newer forms of communication, which have only recently (within the past decade or sooner) gained widespread popularity. Each of these mediums of communication has different levels of information richness. Recall back to the unit 1 discussion of Hofstede’s culture framework and select one emerging communication medium that would be best suited to individualistic cultures and discuss why. In addition, select one emerging communication medium that would be best suited to collectivist cultures and discuss why.
Prepare a two page (double-spaced) persuasive essay. Use and cite at least two sources that provide facts to support your argument. These sources may be material in our textbook or additional sources from the internet, the LIRN, or other sources to which you have access.
Cite references to material that you use in preparing the essay using American Psychological Association (APA) style.
Your learning journal entry must be a reflective statement that considers the following questions:
1. Describe what you did. This does not mean that you copy and paste from what you have posted or the assignments you have prepared. You need to describe what you did and how you did it.
2. Describe your reactions to what you did
3. Describe any feedback you received or any specific interactions you had. Discuss how they were helpful
4. Describe your feelings and attitudes
5. Describe what you learned
Another set of questions to consider in your learning journal statement include:
1. What surprised me or caused me to wonder?
2. What happened that felt particularly challenging? Why was it challenging to me?
3. What skills and knowledge do I recognize that I am gaining?
4. What am I realizing about myself as a learner?
5. In what ways am I able to apply the ideas and concepts gained to my own experience?
Finally, describe one important thing that you are thinking about in relation to the activity.
Your Learning Journal should be a minimum of 500 words.