Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. One of the references must come from Corey, M. S., Corey, G., & Corey, C. (2018). Tell what you how group counseling can help or has helped people. I need this completed by 08/07/18 at 6pm.
Discussion: Video Reflection
You have spent much of the class working in a small group of your peers as you developed your group proposal. You have paid special attention and taken notes on your role in your small group in order to achieve the heightened self-awareness required to become a skilled group leader. You have gained knowledge about group process and dynamics and watched the Coreys demonstrate group leadership skills. Many of you will leave this class with a new respect for the power of group work and the training needed to lead counseling groups. As you are aware, the termination stage of group is an important time to consolidate learning, to integrate your newly acquired group knowledge and skills into your professional identity, and to say your goodbyes.
This is your opportunity to share your perspective of groups and group work with your group, your class, your faculty as you come to the end of your journey through Group Process and Dynamics.
For this Discussion, you will self-record a video reflection about what you learned throughout this course about group process and dynamics.
· Reflect on your experience throughout the course in working with your group to create the Group Proposal.
· Review the Johari Window.
· Review the “Self-Assessment of Leadership Skills” on pp. 45–47 of your course text, Groups: Process and Practiceas well as your initial Journal assessment of your strengths and the areas that needed additional training.
· Review the Kaltura Uploader link found in the navigation of the classroom for helpful guidelines for creating and uploading your video for this Discussion. (Note: Please be mindful of the technical requirements needed when creating your video.)
· Create an outline or bullet points to guide you as you record your video. Your outline should include what you learned about group process and dynamics throughout the class readings, discussions, and assignments.
Corey, M. S., Corey, G., & Corey, C. (2018). Groups: Process and practice (10th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage.
- Chapter 2, “The Group Counselor” (pp. 45–47)
Document: Luft, L. (1982). The Johari Window: A graphic model of awareness in interpersonal relations. In NTL Institute, NTL Reading Book for Human Relations Training. (PDF)
Walden Writing Center. (2017). Narrative writing: Scholarly narrative overview. Retrieved from http://waldenwritingcenter.blogspot.com/2017/07/narrative-writing-scholarly-narrative.html
Document: School of Counseling’s Key Professional Dispositions (PDF)
Reflect on the key dispositions to guide your professional relationships with your cohort group as you develop your cohort group proposal.
Laureate Education (Producer). (2018f). Group work and technology [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 2 minutes.
In this video, Walden faculty member Eva Reed discusses current and future directions for group work.
Accessible player –Downloads– Download Video w/CC Download Audio Download Transcript